Job Posting – Internal/External
POSITION: Team Lead – Client Care Worker Full Time
SHIFT: 8am to 4pm – Monday – Friday
LOCATION: Men’s Shelter
Na-Me-Res (Native Men’s Residence) located in Toronto, is a diverse, multi-service organization. Through a culture-based approach that addresses the holistic needs of its clients, Na-Me-Res’ mission is to provide temporary, transitional, and permanent housing to Indigenous men experiencing homelessness in Toronto, while providing outreach and support services to the broader Indigenous homeless population.
The Client Care Worker Team Lead will function as a resource for fellow team members and liaise with the Manager. They will support the day-to-day operations of the shelter and the delivery of services to clients to support their plans to address their physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the reception area while assisting clients to address any immediate needs (e.g. crisis, hygiene, medical, etc.)
- Assist in client care delivery.
- Ensure safety and well-being of clients.
- Verify and follow up on peers’ documentation.
- Delegate tasks to team members
- Update forms and maintain electronic files.
- Maintain SMIS intakes and discharges daily.
- Assists in crisis management and de-escalation of conflicts while abiding by policies.
- Act as a resource for other team members
- Strong knowledge of community resources
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good written, oral and communication skills
- An understanding of the circumstances & issues affecting client group
- Knowledge of Native traditions and culture
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software and experience working with a database system.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- The successful candidate provides a Police reference check as a condition of employment.
- Sound knowledge of community agencies and resources
- Experience working in a Shelter setting.
Na-Me-Res encourages Indigenous applications (First Nation, Métis and Inuit). We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are invited to an interview and require accommodation, we will make every effort to accommodate you.
Hand delivered applications will not be accepted / no phone calls please.
SALARY: $24.09 Hourly
CLOSING DATE: September 11, 2023, at 12pm.
A resume and cover letter can be faxed or emailed to:
26 Vaughan Road, Toronto, ON M6G 2C4
Fax #: (416) 652-3180 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org